Friday, September 14, 2007

Headboards and Headaches

So yesterday, not long after Max made his mega mess, I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher for the second time (we have one of those mini dishwashers which can be a pain in the butt, but at least we have one) when I hear from Max's bedroom, "Mommy! I stuck!" I walk into my son's room and am confronted with this:

Well, I did what any good mom would do and ran for the camera. Hey, he wasn't going anywhere. After recording this incident to use for purposes of embarrassment when he is a teenager, I proceeded with the arduous task of removing my child's head from in between the headboard posts. After a few minutes of tugging and screaming I began to panic a bit. Should I break out the cooking oil? Do I use corn oil or olive oil? It doesn't say on the bottle which would be better for extracting a kid from his headboard. By this time my son is catching on to my panic and begins to scream and pull at the posts. That's it, I was calling for back-up. I dialed my husband at work and his assistant Matt answered. I'm sure he was confused at first as to what was going on since I'm sure all he heard was a child screaming and me saying, "Mommy's trying to get you out. Calm down sweetie." I barely got a hello out when my son somehow dislodged himself from his prison and shouted, "I fee! I fee!" I was so relieved. I had to explain to Matt what all the fuss was about and then got off the phone. I was exhausted. Not Max though. He was on to his next adventure of climbing to the top of the toy box, standing proudly like he had just conquered Everest. Will the excitement never end?

No comments:

Who I Am

My photo
Scatterbrain painting fanatic with a temper.